Monday, February 16, 2015

Fulbright Association Mid-Florida Chapter, visit with scholar from ULIM


There is a Mid-Florida Chapter of the Fulbright Association that organizes events and activities for our visiting Fulbrighters to experience life and culture in our region -- and to get to know other Fulbrighters who are here.  I am sorry to say that my schedule often prevents me from attending these activities. 

However, I wanted to make a special effort to attend one of these events this year so that I would have the opportunity to visit with Svetlana, a Fulbrighter from ULIM now conducting research at USF.

I was delighted when the activities brought Fulbrighters to the Dali Museum (right next door to our beautiful USFSP waterfront campus) in January 2015.  Sadly, I was not able to get out of the office in time to visit the Dali Museum, which is a real treat (see Dali Museum website ), but I was able to get over to the Hangar restaurant http://www.thehangarstpete.com/) to visit with Svetlana over dinner.

I hope we are able to see each other again before she returns to Chisinau!


with Svetlana, a Fulbrighter at USF this year, from ULIM, at the Hangar restaurant in St. Petersburg

No comments:

Post a Comment